I would like to provide you with updated information and advice on the developing situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). At RSA, we believe it is our responsibility to prioritize the health and safety of our employees as well as our broker partners. From that perspective, we will continue to make decisions with a proactive approach to ensure the right health and safety precautions and business continuity plans are in place.
Providing Support for Brokers
We recognize that having robust business continuity plans and strategies in place will ensure that we are fully prepared and able to continue to support our brokers in any eventuality. As such, business is carrying on as usual at RSA Canada, albeit with increased sensitivity to travel and the way we conduct meetings (please see below).
Please be assured that we are continuously reviewing and adapting our continuity plans to ensure we can meet the needs of the rapidly changing situation. If you have any policy related questions (personal or commercial lines) please contact your underwriter directly for guidance.
RSA Employee Guidance on Travel, Meetings & Events
We know that COVID-19 has greatly impacted and raised concerns regarding both international and domestic travel and just today Canadian public health officials urged all Canadians to postpone or cancel non-essential travel outside of Canada.
To protect both our employees and broker partners, as of March 13, 2020, policies on business travel across the RSA Canada Group include:
- No international or domestic travel unless deemed business critical
- Travel for essential customer facing activity will continue as normal with heightened precautions e.g. claims adjusting
- Employees must notify us if they, or someone they reside with, are travelling to or have returned from any of the affected regions with travel health notices due to COVID-19 of Level 2 or above or have been on a cruise ship
- Employees will be required to work from home 14 days upon return
- Employees have been advised that in person meetings with broker partners should only be conducted if they are business critical; if an in-person meeting is required, it should be limited to small groups of less than 6 people
- Where possible, employees are strongly advised to conduct virtual meetings with broker partners and not ask participants to travel in consideration of everyone’s health and safety
- There will be no RSA attendance at industry and broker events unless it is determined that attendance is business critical and there is certainty that the appropriate precautions will be taken to keep the employee(s) and others around healthy and safe
I want to thank you for understanding that although our business operations may be conducted differently throughout the developing situation regarding COVID-19, we will continue to support you in a way that prioritizes the health and safety of our employees and broker partners.
We are staying close to all updates regarding COVID-19 and will remain connected with you as the situation continues to evolve.
We appreciate your continued support of RSA.
President & CEO